I still cannot understand the purpose of the question “Where are you from?” The purpose of this question is probably to imply that “deep inside of yourself what do you feel you are?” I think identity has multiple components - the experiences we had our believes, the language we talk, our culture or lifestyle. When I think about identity a meal comes to my mind. You cannot cook a soup only with tomato souce you need to put some water,oil,salt etc. As in this example we cannot bound identity to only one thing. So its meaningless to consider a person only from a single identity. For the people who imigrated to Germany from Turkey we cannot say them totally German or Turkish. I think he/she belongs to both cultures ! 28 Şubat 2011 Pazartesi
Who are you?
I still cannot understand the purpose of the question “Where are you from?” The purpose of this question is probably to imply that “deep inside of yourself what do you feel you are?” I think identity has multiple components - the experiences we had our believes, the language we talk, our culture or lifestyle. When I think about identity a meal comes to my mind. You cannot cook a soup only with tomato souce you need to put some water,oil,salt etc. As in this example we cannot bound identity to only one thing. So its meaningless to consider a person only from a single identity. For the people who imigrated to Germany from Turkey we cannot say them totally German or Turkish. I think he/she belongs to both cultures !
Kaydol:
Kayıt Yorumları (Atom)
Hiç yorum yok:
Yorum Gönder